Monday, July 10, 2017

Toby...

So this week we have been having a lot of things happen.  The first one is Toby... Toby is the name we gave to the cockroach that is living in our house with us.  We have been trying to killing him all week and we have been failing.  So somehow he got from our laundry room to our kitchen and he is living above the cupboards in out kitchen.  And I so don't want him to come out, so we have trapped him in and so at least I know he is just going to be stuck there for a while!  We have also been trying to make different traps to get him out so we can kill him, but nothing is working very well.

Another thing that happened this week is while I was having family night in one of my areas, one of the Elders told me to come down stairs and when we came down stairs there was our branch president and his wife from my training area in Miryang!!!  It was such a good surprise!!  It was so good to be able to see them again and to be able to actually talk to them!

Another thing that happen is we have English class every single week, and some of our members bring their children to the class to learn English and they're crazy and no one will teach them but me.  But they are super fun and I love them!  And this week they came and gave me banana milk because it is one my favorite thing about Korea and they remembered that I like it!  It was one of the sweetest things I have ever gotten on my mission.  It was one of the biggest tender mercies.  This last week I felt like I was putting in so much effort to loving the people around me, serving my companion, and just trying my best.  And I felt like nobody cared for me.  But when I got this banana milk I just felt that someone cared for me and loved me here in Korea and it's something I haven't felt that much in my last couple of transfers, and it just reminded me that God loves me and he is looking out for me.  And it was a really great blessing and a good lesson that I learned from banana milk.  And funny enough I didn't get to have any of it because the elders and my companion drank it all.  But it didn't matter because of the love I felt from Heavenly Father and the members.

have a good week!! love ya!
이자매​





Trapped Toby






Banana Milk

No comments:

Post a Comment