Monday, June 27, 2016

Miri Young

This week has been pretty fun.  I am in 미래 양 (miri young).  It is a small area in the county side.  We have about 15 members in our branch.  It contains about three bigger cites (they are all pretty small) in the middle and a lot country area outside.  We spend most of our days proselyting in the three larger cities.  I finally convinced my companion during the week to go into the country side and it turns out that there was nobody our there but men! And we are not allowed to talk to me so we ended up just going back home.
We ate a meal with one of our members this week and it was super good and called bean n bop.  Once we were finished with our food she started to cut up theses huge tomatoes and put them in front of us to eat.  And I hate tomatoes.  So I started to pray to Heavenly Father for me to eat those tomatoes and not gag.  I had to say a huge prayer to get those tomatoes down.  Let's just say that miracles are real and that I ate all of those tomatoes.
I have found this thing in Korea called banana milk.  And I am in love with it!  It is my new addiction.  So if you ever find banana milk in a store buy it because it is so good!!  They also have super good fruit and they sell it everywhere.
We go and do this service activity every week at an old persons retirement home.  Usually we just clean, but this week they wanted us to sing to them in English.  When they asked that my companion and I just looked at each other.  We ended up singing primary songs and we had one of the ward members with us and she can speak a little English.  When we started to sing she was belting out the songs.  It didn't even matter that half the words were wrong.  And it was just so bad... but they loved it.  Next week we're planning to bring the Elders with us so we're are not alone singing to them.


We had a zone P-day today and we went and visited one of the Buddhist temples. 


Here's some answers to your questions Mom.  So everyday we mostly go out and proselyte to people on the street and we have gone door knocking twice.  We have one investigator in out area and she is getting baptized on the 2nd!!  We are super excited!!  We have a washer in our apartment so we do our wash and then hang it dry.  We do get fed by members at least once a week.  I am in a really small city and we have about 13 members come regularly to our branch so there are not many here to feed us. 

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment