Monday, June 20, 2016

I'm in Korea!!!

Getting to the airport from the MTC was a adventure.  We ended up having to take the tracks and the train to get to the airport.  It was a adventure with about 20 missionaries with all of their stuff trying to get on and off with the trains.  It was adventure and while I was trying to get my luggage into the airport one of them fell and a guy walked up and grabbed and said, "You are struggling, let me help you"  and just started to walk off my my bag and I started to panic thinking he might steal my bag, but he didn't, so that was fun.
Our plane went from Salt Lake to Portland, to Japan, and then to Korea. It was a pretty long plane ride, but luckily it went by pretty fast.  Once we got to Korea we were met by are our mission president and they drove us to their home and we spent the night there with them.
The next morning we woke up and me our future trainers, we didn't know who would be with who until later.  And we went and proselyted on the streets.  And it was funny because all I can say is "hello" and "we are missionaries" and then once that was done I was stuck and so I would just look at my companion like a deer in the headlights for her to say the rest.
So my new companion is Sister Gomez.  She is super nice and from Hawaii. Our area is Midijong. and it is so HOT!!!  I can't tell you how hot Korea is!!  I never thought that Korea would be hotter than Texas, but it for sure is. So I am over here sweating.
I have found that I stick out in Korea like a sore thumb.  People are constantly pointing and staring at me.  They will even pull over to the side of the road and take pictures of me it is so weird!  On Sunday this drunk guy saw us and by us I mean me and he bought us drinks because he likes "white people" it is such a weird feeling sticking out and having everyone looking at me.
We don't have much time or I would add more stories so maybe i'll write them next week love you all!!




No comments:

Post a Comment