Monday, July 4, 2016

Rain and baptism‏

This week we had a baptism!!!  Her name is 한상주(han-song-joo).  She is 19 years old.  The missionaries met her a couple of week before I came into the area and she is the cutest girl!! You can tell that she really knows this gospel is true.  The day the baptism was suppose to happen it was pouring that morning and the day before.  My companion and I were super worried that the baptism would be cancelled because of the weather.  So we prayed.  And it was still raining, but as soon as all of us went to the river for the baptism it stopped raining and it was a super cool experience.  Once the baptism was finished it starting raining again.  The Lord does answer our prayers!!

After the baptism my companion and 한상주 wanted to go eat something new.  So we went and ate pig guts.  Like the intestines and liver and heart.  It was ok I didn't like it that much so I mostly just sat there eating rice and then I would kinda pretended to eat the meat.  But it was nasty so I really didn't eat that much.  But I probably will have to eat worst things here.

This week it has not stopped raining one bit.  And it's crazy because I thought it was suppose to be summer not monsoon season.  So we are pretty much wet all the time.  We also found theses things called mellon bars and they are amazing!!  I really can't stop eating them.  They are just the best ice cream bars know to man.

We also went on splits this week and I got to go to a bigger city and it made me grateful for my little country side.  It was so crazy how many people we got to talk to in such a short time and how packed it was.  There are four other missionary companionships in my area and we can walk everywhere or take a bus or train if we need to.

Love you all and happy fourth of July!!

My district

baptism

Pig guts

No comments:

Post a Comment