Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Struggle is Real

WE GOT OUR KOREAN NAME TAGS THIS WEEK!!!!  AHH it makes it so real that we are going to Korea soon.  This week our senior district left!  So that means that we are the next ones going to Korea!  They have the tradition here that when the senior district leaves you have to write them a song and sing it to them Sunday night.  So because I am the least musical, I get put in charge of the song.  But luckily I had one of our new missionaries, who is super musical, help me with the song.  And it turned out pretty cool and me and my companion rapped the song.  It pretty much sounded like two white girls rapping, but it was so fun.

This week we have been struggling with our lessons.  Our first lesson this week was just a disaster (like the worst lesson we have ever taught!!).  First we were tried to tell him that God wants us to go to church, but because we used the wrong "want" form and we ended up saying the God wants to go to church.  Our investigator kept asking us, "Why does god want to go to church?" But we thought he was saying "Why does god want us to go to church?"  I was feeling so confident that I actually understood what he was saying, so I was saying things to answer him like to be obedient, to follow commandments, to feel the spirit etc.  But I apparently did not understand what he was saying.  We probably sat there for a good 20 mins having him say the same question and just looking like deers in headlights trying to figure out why he was not understanding us.  Finally he dropped the questions and we just wanted to wrap up the lesson because it was just painful.  So I had him read 2 Nephi 2:28. But since Korean scriptures look just like a two year old wrote them.  I accidentally flipped to Jacob and had him ready Jacob 2:28.  Which is a verse about whores and abominations.  And when he started to read the verse he slowly looks up at the end of the scripture with huge wide eyes and in complete shock.  And me and my companion were kinda in a panic.  Then I leaned forward to take the scriptures from him to see what was going on.  And I literally fell out of my desk and he just looks at me with a really confused look on his face and asks, "Are you ok?" Meanwhile my companion is just sitting in her desk trying so hard not to laugh.

We decided to teach the same lesson again this week to our other investigator, but not mess it up this time. Before we went into the lesson we prayed so hard that we wouldn't not mess this one up... the lesson was going well until I had to ask him to read a verse.  And my mind went completely blank and I could not get the numbers right.  I was jumping from English to Chinese to Korean and I just could not get them right in any language.  It was just a hot mess.  And my companion while I am doing this is trying to not laugh. But after me struggling for so long I finally got through it.  And two minutes latter it's up to me again to tell him to read about 11 verses (side not:we don't know how to say the word through so we usually just say all the numbers) and I just went completely white looking at my scriptures knowing I have to say all of those verses.  And I just turned to my companion completely terrified.  And she ends not being able to hold it together and just starts laughing and she could not stop laughing.  And because of this my teacher and I start laughing and it took about five minutes just for our teacher to pull himself together and it was still hard for him to look at us during the rest of the lesson without laughing.  Let's just say the struggle is real over in the Korean district in the MTC.

We were able to hear from Elder Renlund the newest 12th Apostle this week!!  Interesting fact is that he was the 100th Apostle ordained in this Dispensation.  He talked about faith and how we need to have faith in ourselves and the Lord.  It was so cool hearing from an apostle of the Lord.
We only have Three weeks left in the MTC!!!!

Love ya!!

My Korean name tag!!!


With the Senior District that just left

No comments:

Post a Comment