Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Gift of Tongues

We only have three weeks left until we are going to Korea and it is crazy how time flies here in the MTC.  I still feel like its my first week in MTC but at the same time I feel like we have been here forever.  So this week has been a pretty normal week.  We finally have the fish smell out of our room and we are now able to sleep normally!
We are continuing to learn the language and it is getting better and better everyday.  Our teacher has started this new thing that if we say a word wrong we have to talk to the wall for a couple of minutes repeating the word over and over again for a couple of minutes.  But for some reason my mouth can't say what my brain wants it to say, so i end up coming back and i say the word wrong again.  But after 5 times of being in timeout I can usually say the word.

This week in class our teacher was telling us about Korea and how they speak really fast in Korea. And I asked him how in the heck do you get them to slow down so you can understand them.  And he said 방언 의 선물 (ponega unsa)  and I thought that he meant that was slow down.  So he started to speak really fast and so i started waving my hands saying that and he just looked at me and started busting out laughing and everyone else was laughing and I didn't have any idea why there laughing and apparently I wasn't telling him to slow down, I was actually saying Gift of Tongues.

We are leaning lots and everyday is kinda the same it's weird how everyday is blended together.
But love you all lots!!

 Me and my new zone.


Also I (Jayne's sister) have to add in a story Jayne emailed me...
So in Korean the word missionary is son-yo-saw but I was saying song-yo-saw.  And they pretty much sound the same, but there is a huge difference! Song-yo-saw is prostitute.  So I have been calling my self a prostitute for the church of jesus christ of later day saints...

No comments:

Post a Comment