Monday, October 9, 2017

chuseok

This week we really haven't done anything productive to be honest.  It was chuseok this week (the Korean version of Thanksgiving) and when that happens missionary work stops in Korea for about a week.  There is no one on the roads it's kinda weird, and everyone goes to visit their grandparents for a whole week.  It's super hard to do missionary work because you can't call people, visit people, or members so we had no idea what to do.  But we had a super fun week!!

The first thing we did was we went and did Korean archery with a couple of companionships in our zone and it was super fun!  We got pretty good at it until some old grandpas came over and told us we were doing it wrong and had us shooting the arrows up in the sky, but it was super fun. 

We also went on a couple of exchanges and it was super fun getting to know the sisters better.  I got to go back to Hogue and see some of the members again, which was super fun.  They were all super confused why I was there again, but it was a good time.  It was really weird going on exchanges with missionaries who just came into the field a couple of weeks ago.  It really has shown me that I have progressed in the language and I haven't even realized it.

We also had a culture day this week were we went to a historical site and did a tour of them.  Our mission president also gave us a mission where we had to take pictures with all these random people. It was super funny watching all these foreigners going up and asking people if we could take pictures with them, and half the time it ended up them talking pictures of us and not getting in the pictures with us which was super funny.

We also had SPORTS day this week!!  And let me tell you Korean sports are a lot different then in America.  We ended up having a race in who could make a house of cards faster.  We also played balloon volleyball, and dodge ball.  It was super fun and all the sisters had matching grandma pants and so it was super fun!!

We also watched General Conference this week!!!!!  It was so good!!  I really have come to know that General Conference answers all your questions.  It amazes me every single time how you get personal revelation from it.  It was super good and I can't wait to be able to reread the talks.

Now on one of my exchanges we went and visited a member and she fed us so much food to the point where me and the girl who I was on an exchange with were going to die.  But the girl I was on a exchange with was Korean and she kept telling the member that she was going to give her a massage because she worked so hard on the food for us.  And so after we ate this grandma laid on the ground and she stared to massage her....and then she made me join.  I don't think I ever would of thought that I would be in Korea massaging a grandmas butt...but it happened.
love ya all!
이자매









No comments:

Post a Comment