Monday, October 2, 2017

BIRTHDAYS and golden people

This week has been crazy!! The biggest miracle happened.  So we have been doing face paint proselyting the last couple of days and it has turned out really fun.  I was sitting at our table and this girl runs up with her boyfriend and starts talking to me while I am painting on her face and she asked if I understand Korean and I was like YES!  And she just stated talking.  And she was telling me that her family are Buddhists and that today she said her first prayer asking him if he was there and telling him she wanted to know more about him.  And then she saw me face painting and had a feeling she had to come up and talk to me.  And that is where we were at.  And I was just sitting there so shocked and trying to paint her face and talk to her.  So I told her our purpose as missionaries is to teach people about Christ and who he is and I bore my testimony about The Church and how it has helped my life and we got into this huge conversation that was amazing!  And I gave her a Book of Mormon and told her if she wants to really learn that she needs to read this book and she promised me she would and she gave me her phone number so we can meet later.  But it was such a testimony builder to me.  Sometimes in missionary work we are doing everything we can and we are trying so hard and we get nothing.  But when you're about to give up and you're on the very edge God gives you someone like her to show you that he is there and that he cares about you.

Nothing else really happen this week.  Two of our Elders had birthdays this weeks so we threw together two supervised parties for them and one ended up with us all getting in a cake fight with spoons.  It was super fun!!

We also went and visited one of our members in the hospital on Sunday and it was really good.  She had been in the hospital for a week because of some pregnancy problems and the Elders came in to the room and they saw her stomach because they were checking the machine and when they saw her stomach and they like ran outside and wouldn't come in because they felt super uncomfortable and it was super funny.
Have a good week
Love ya tons
이자매






No comments:

Post a Comment