Monday, October 23, 2017

BOM and PUMPKIN PIE!

This week has been super busy!
We went bowling with our elders on p-day and we also went to a meat buffet, ahh I love meat in Korea!  It is completely different then American meat, but I am pretty sure it is all just fat haha

We went over to a member's house because she was on bed rest and we wanted to visit her.  And while we were there her husband asked us to stay for dinner and then told us we had to make them dinner.  So that was a surprise!  We randomly had to make food for them... and we can't cook in Korea!!  So we made tacos in a Korean kitchen with Korean food, so you should all be very proud of us because that was hard!

We also went on exchanges which was fun and I taught the Korean girl I was with how to make smores and she was freaking out and kept eating them .

So on Sunday we met with one of our investigators who I met on the bus a couple of transfers back.  We have been doing the 30/30 program with her.  Where we teach 30 mins of English and 30 mins of Gospel.  She told me from the beginning that she has no gospel interest only English interest and that she doesn't have a religion.  But every single time I have met with her, we feel the spirit so strong and it has been some of the strongest times I have ever felt the spirit on my mission.  Well this week she came to our meeting and told us that she has read the BOM!!!!  And I was so shocked, she only read the introduction but I never thought she would.  And instead of teaching English we just answered her questions about the BOM and lessons we have taught!  And she said she would come to church on Sunday and she told us she would never come when we asked her before.  It is amazing to see how her heart is being soften and how the spirit is working in here!

It was my companion's half way mark and so she bought a pumpkin pie at Costco and we ate it with the Elders and a member and also made mac and cheese because the member wanted mac and cheese and my comp doesn't like Korean food.  That was super funny, we found out Koreans don't like pumpkin pie it was so funny watching them try and eat it.
Also some of the Elders bought me cheese!!  So I was super excited!
Love you all
See you next week!!!!!
이자매





















No comments:

Post a Comment