Monday, January 23, 2017

SNOW and MORE SNOW!!!

This week it SNOWED!!!  And to make it even better it snowed TWICE!!!  I don't think I have ever been more excited and surprised!  This week I have been able to see some really cool things happen. The first big surprise was with one of our investigators Pantean.  She is Vietnamese and she doesn't speak English or that much Korean so it has been hard to figure out what things she understands when we are teaching her.  This week we had someone translate for us during one of our visits and it was one of the coolest things that has happened on my mission.  She hasn't been able to understand us, but she knows what we are teaching is true and she wants to keep learning more.  And that just shows me that this gospel is true that the Spirit does more in teaching then I ever could in my broken Korean and I am grateful that the Lord has shown me that through Pantean.
We also went less active hunting this week and one of our less actives let us into her house and we had just said hello when her husband started telling us how bad we are for being here in Korea and how we need to learn Korean culture and the language and so on and so on.  And my companion and I just kinda sat there in shock and we both didn't know what to say.  But it made me realize while this guy was yelling at us, how missions are not supposed to be easy and they never were for anyone.  We will be denied, have people look at us weird, rejected, laughed at, we won't fit in or look like anyone that we are talking to, we will eat weird food, and not be able to talk in the native language the best.  But that it doesn't matter!!  We are here serving the people of Korea to help them and it doesn't matter if the accept us or reject us as long as we try.  I am here to tell others about the Gospel and how they can be really happy and not just temporarily happy.  But the biggest surprise was that this less actives non-member husband came to church this Sunday!  Somehow by us just stopping by at his house his heart was soften, and it was not by anything we said it was by the Spirit so again the Spirit can work more miracles than I could ever do!

The last thing that happened that was funny this week was we did this activity this week with a family where they were supposed to write down the most important things in their life and then slowly mark them away and the last thing left was supposed to be the gospel.  But they marked off the gospel first and said that they need food more.  It was really funny so now we know we need to work on our teaching skills hahah
Have a good week in the snow!!!
Love you all!!
이자매

SNOW!!

A couple of funny English signs here in Korea

 Look at the last bin...

No comments:

Post a Comment