Monday, December 12, 2016

Elders in our apartment!

This has been a busy week.  Following the Light the World project the Church has put out, this week we went and helped out in a soup kitchen in Korea.  It was a really interesting experience.  We went to this Catholic Church and we helped them make the food, and then helped serve it.  It was super weird because it was like a a race.  They would open the doors and people would run in and eat there food and then run out.  Then we would clean it all up and then open the doors again and people would run in again and eat and leave.  It was really weird.  And I got told I was pretty a lot... and to give them more rice.  But I was glad we were able to help people!
Also this week we had to change one of our filters out in our water filter.  And it would not open!!  We tried for our whole lunch break and for our whole dinner break and it would not move!!!  So we ended up having to get permission for our elders to come over to our apartment to open it up and they could not get it open either!!  So after 30 mins they finally got our water filter open and we were able to have safe water to drink again.
It also was my companions birthday this week so I surprised her with a cake during church and we went and got sushi today for her birthday!!
We are also prepping for Christmas so this week we have made so many snowflakes.... So I am glad I get to at least make my own snow if I can't see much of it this year!
Love you all so much!!
이 자매




No comments:

Post a Comment