Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Welcome to the MTC

The first day at the MTC was very busy you get moved around from place to place and you just keep getting a lot of the same information you have heard before repeated back to you.  And EVERYONE says "welcome to the MTC" and the first couple of times it seems really nice but after 300 time of hearing it you are done with it.  So my companion is Sis. Brady she is from Texas and i love her.  We get along so well and it is great.  So the first day at the MTC they put you in your class to start learning your language and by the end of the day we knew the korean alphabet and they only speak to you in korean so I am getting really good at charades.  We pretty much are in the class room all day either studying or studying and if were really lucky we get to study.  But its great we can really tell that the gift of tongues is real because you learn so much in such a little time of only one week. My district is just me and my companion and Elder Paul.  So we are going strong with just the three of us.  But its really nice because we get more one on one attention from our teachers.  I get to play volleyball everyday and i love it because we are actually not studying during that time!!  And the food here is lets just say interesting.... so I'm going strong with the cereal and salads.  Our Zone is so cool.  We are half english speaking and half native koreans.  Korea doesn't have a MTC so when people in korea get called to go to korea they come to the provo MTC to learn to be a missionary and get sent out to provo utah for three weeks and then they ship them back to korea.  So its super cool to try and talk to them and learn more korean or how to actually speak korean. Our schedules here in the MTC are super booked.  We really don't have anytime to ourselves we are seriously going from one thing to another and we are in the class room for like 12 hours a day.  But its good because we are learning the language but i'm slowly dying at the same time because I just want to move around!!!!  For our Sunday devotional we had the BYU's men's choir come and sing to us and it was so cool and we were not in the classroom!!!!!  And on Sundays we got to hear from one of the 70s and we sang in the choir because my district in musical and i am not but it was really fun.  I have been able to play volleyball this week everyday so gym time is my favorite because i can actually move.  But this week is great i am not going to lie the MTC is super hard and i am more stressed out then i have ever been but i am loving it!!  So if you want send me packages and mail because i seriously love getting them!!

Love you all!!!

This is me and my companion

 Our Korean district and my district

Me and my companion with our zone leaders

No comments:

Post a Comment