Monday, September 5, 2016

Fishing and Transfers!!‏

This week some pretty big things have happened.  The biggest one is transfers!!  I have been in Korea for 12 weeks now ahhhhh!!! So I am still staying in my area, but I got a new companion today!! She is from Seoul and she is a super cute Korean.  It's going to be so fun serving with her!!
This week because of transfers we went and visited a lot of people to tell them one of us was going and one was staying.  We went and visited a lady from our english class and her son.  And they are my favorite!!  When we got there her son meet us at the bus station.  Once we got to there house  Anjongeh had made chicken for us and had a ton of stuff for us to do together planned!  So once we had eaten Anjongeh comes out with this black corn still on the cob.  And she looks at me and said, "Make popcorn."  I didn't know what to say.  I looked over at my companion and we just laughed and said, "Okay we'll try."  First we tried taking the corn off the cob and putting it in the microwave, but it didn't pop for some reason and we just ended up burning her bowl.... oppps.  So after the popcorn.  She told us we were going to go fishing.  And she pulls out these two fishing poles.  And I have never seen fishing poles like them before.  They just kind of extended over 40 feet when you held them downwards.  And then on the end there was just like a tiny red string.  So we asked her how to use them.  And she told us "I don't know, you two are fishing experts figure it out".... and we just started laughing and said okay.  So somehow we got a hook on the end of the pole and we went fishing.  And it was so funny.  She doesn't like worms so she gave us this play dough like bait stuff to put on the ends of our poles, but once it touched the water it would dissolve.  So we just kept putting it on the hooks because "we no like worms" haha.  We didn't catch any fish, but it was okay because they are just so fun to be with.  And talking to them in their broken English is best thing.
I also had a meeting with our recent convert.  And she taught me slang the whole entire time.  So now I have been using slang and it just so fun.  My favorite thing is when grandmas tell me I'm pretty I tell them "You shouldn't fly a plane" And I have no idea what it means exactly, but they love it when I tell them that.
Love you all
SIS LEE




No comments:

Post a Comment