Monday, August 29, 2016

Grandmas

This week has been a fun week.  It is starting to cool down here, so we're not sweating as much. Which is super nice.
This week while we were looking for a less active member's home, we saw this grandma watering her plants and asked her if we could help.  And she just told us to follow her.  So we followed her into her house and she just started feeding us.  She was giving us this drink that took over 3 years to make. And then bread, and cucumbers (whole huge cucumbers), potatoes, and a ton of tomatoes... so many tomatoes.  And she just kept feeding us and we really had no idea what was going on because she just kept telling us to eat.  So we finally got her to talk to us and she was telling us because we were kind to her, she wanted to be kind to us.  It was just so sweet!  And we got her to let us help...but it's in November and she said we could come back and help her make kimchi, but both Sister Gomez and I most likely won't still be here then.  So we were sad about that, but we are going to try and move that date up.

We also met another grandma when we were out proselyting.  And she started talking to us super fast and in a thick accent and she kept looking at me and smiling.  And I couldn't understand her at all, and all of the sudden my companion turned to me and told me to answer her and I had no idea what was going so I said yes... it turns out she wanted me to marry her 40 year old son.  And I agreed to marry him!  And she was telling us that we can force him to come to church with us.  Only if I marry him.  And she got our number from us because one of our cards.  So she is going to call us so we can set up the date. We are going to try and refer him to the elders.... haha

This week in Korea it was super hot then the next day it was cold and we are so excited. Because now it's just raining and cold so we are having so much fun being outside.

We also had stake conference this week and our recent convert got to see how big the church really is. It was a super good experience for her and we got to see all the missionaries in our Zone which was fun.

that about it for my week!
Sorry no pictures!
사랑해요!!
이자매!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment